FORSYTH COUNTY, Ga. – The Board of Commissioners will consider a major new development on Settingdown Circle that will include 310 attached residential units and 39,100 square feet of commercial buildings with 172 parking lots on 51.7 acres when it meets Thursday (July 22) at 5 pm. in the County Administration Building, 110 East Main Street in Cumming.
Commissioners have set 6:30 p.m. for a vote on setting the Maintenance and Operations, Bond and Fire millage The proposed County Maintenance & Operations rate remains unchanged at 4.791 mills. The proposed Fire rate remains unchanged at 2.175 mills. The proposed Bond rate remains unchanged at 0.930 mils. These rates will fund the County’s 2022 general operating budget, which is currently in the preliminary stages of development. Forsyth County continues to have millage rates among the lowest in metro Atlanta.
The Board will present a resolution of recognition to Chief Magistrate Judge Walker Bramblett on his retirement and recognize the Department of Engineering for winning the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) Project of Excellence Urban Transportation Award for SR 369 Widening and Interchange.
During public hearings, commissioners will consider:
- The request for an Alcohol License to sell malt beverages (beer), wine, and distilled spirits by the package on the premises for Golden Liquor LLC dba Blue Glass Liquor and Wine located at 6015 Post Rd, Suite;
- The request for an Alcohol License to sell malt beverages (beer) and wine by the package on the premises for Tulsi Kwik Mart LLC located at 5035 Georgia Highway 400;
- The request for an Alcohol License to sell malt beverages (beer), wine, and distilled spirits by the package on the premises for Maharshi 3010 LLC dba Gary’s Liquor located at 3010 River Club Drive;
- The request for an Amendment of Zoning Conditions on ZA3501 (Paul Mashburn) by Ian Brown – Parcel 257-075 – AZ210022 – District 5 – Director, Department of Planning and Community Development;
- This item is not a public hearing but is placed here for relationship with the prior public hearing. Ian Brown’s request to operate a minor automobile service establishment in an existing 5,016 sq. ft. building with 6 parking spaces, an open storage yard with 46 parking spaces and a residence for a night watchman in an existing 966 sq. ft. building on 3.276 acres currently zoned Commercial Business District (CBD);
- The approval of a Sketch Plat for GDCI GA 7, L.P. – Parcels 243-232, 243-233, 243-234, 243-235, 243-236, 243-237, 243-238, 243-239, 244-233, 244-234, 244-235, 244-236, 244-237, and 244-238 – SP210003;
- The approval of a Sketch Plat for Monir Lou Sobh – Parcel 173-321 – SP210004;
- Adoption of Ordinance 129, also known as the Short-Term Rental Ordinance to regulate properties otherwise authorized for short-term rental, to include appointment of a registered agent; to impose certain requirements and restrictions regarding the use of properties for short-term rental; to establish an annual licensing system and a fee for same; to provide for enforcement and penalties for violations; to repeal conflicting ordinances; and for other purposes;
- Extension and/or adoption of a one-hundred twenty (120) day moratorium on the acceptance of applications for land disturbance permits on properties zoned CR-1, CR-2, and LR while the Board of Commissioners otherwise modifies its architectural design standards for the CR-1, CR-2, and LR zoning districts.
Under Old Business, the Board is expected to:
- Issue a ruling regarding a violation of the Alcohol Ordinance for Priya Impex, Inc. dba Priya Food Mart – Named Licensee is Shamim P. Himani;
Under New Business, the Board will consider the following:
- D. Links Investments, LLC – ZA4008 request to rezone from Commercial Business District (CBD) to Restricted Industrial District (M1) on 3.896 acres for a 16,800 sq. ft. office/warehouse with 40 parking spaces;
Under Administrative Hearings the Board will consider:
- An alleged violation of the Massage and Spa Ordinance for Massage Forever, Inc dba A Massage – Named Licensee is Xiao Ting Yang;
- An alleged violation of the Alcohol Ordinance for Karnisar, Inc dba Citgo at Cumming Square – Named Licensee is Gayatri Rathore;
- An appeal of the suspension of an Alcohol Server Permit for Tappan Rathore for unsanitary conditions at Karnisar, Inc dba Citgo at Cumming Square.