Erin Knight reportedly backs out of Wednesday’s school board debate
Featured Stories April 15, 2022 , by Bill Johnson
Mike Valdes
FORSYTH COUNTY, Ga. — Officials with the Forsyth County Republican Party told Mike Valdes that his opponent in the District 5 Board of Education election, Erin Knight, will not participate in next Wednesday’s candidate debate.
Valdes said GOP Secretary Mendy Moore broke the news at the town hall meeting at South Forsyth High School and President Jerry Marinich repeated it during last week’s Republican Party meeting.
Apparently, Knight is conducting a Joe Biden-like basement campaign. “It’s consistent with her campaign,” Valdes said. “She’s not out in public. She’s not meeting people. She’s been very evasive. She’s not taking questions or making statements and doesn’t do any media posts. She is avoiding the public.”

Erin Knight
By contrast, Valdes has conducted an wide-ranging campaign, appearing at Republican Party meetings, candidate forums and town hall meeting. For the last year, he has attended School Board meetings to speak out against the dangers of critical race theory (CRT), diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) and social emotional learning (SEL) in the school system. Knight is the status quo candidate in that she echoes the Board of Education claim that CRT is not being taught in Forsyth County schools.
If Knight is a no-show next week, Valdes said Marinich told him that there would be an empty podium with her name on it and he would be awarded additional time to present his message.
Valdes said he had received the endorsement of nearly every member of the state delegation.
Knight did not return multiple calls and emails for comment on this story.
The District 1 Board of Education candidates Dennis Scheidt and Wes McCall are expected to debate.
FetchYourNews.com - Citizen Journalists - A place to share “Your” work. Send us “Your” information or tips - 706.276.NEWs (6397) 706.889.9700 [email protected]


